TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF OPOLE
To visit Technical University of Opole click logo below...
Politechnika Opolska (TUO) is one of the Polish academic institutions. The University is located in Opole. The town is situated upon the Odra River in southern part of Poland. Opole is the capital city of Opole Region. The town has now over 150 thousand inhabitants, two scientific research institutes and three higher education institutions.
The University consists of five Faculties and one Institute
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Automatic Control
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Management and Production Engineering
Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy
Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
The CENTRE OF STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY consists of four Departments of TUO:
Department of Mechanics and Machines Design (DMMD), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering,
Department of Physics of Materials (DPM), Faculty of Civil Engineering,
Department of Building Materials Engineering (DBME), Faculty of Civil Engineering,
Department of Structural Mechanics (DSM), Faculty of Civil Engineering.
The departments forming the Centre are located in some buildings in Opole. Here you can find the necessary descriptions, pictures and simplified plans of those objects as well as some technical information. Figure1 shows where the considered buildings are located in the city.
Figure 1: Plan of the city part
Department of Mechanics and Machine Design (see DMMD on the plan on Fig.1)
Department of Mechanics and Machine Design is located in the building in Mikołajczyka street. In this building Faculty of Mechanics and the authorities of TU Opole work. Fig.2 shows the building and its plan (the top view). The rooms and laboratories are on the 3rd floor (Fig. 3), at the ground floor and in the cellar in the building (segment B) and in the so-called new hall.
Figure 2: Faculty of Mechanics
Figure 3: Rooms of DMMD (the 3rd floor)
DMMD has also got a laboratory (104.5 m2) in H16 (see Fig.4) in the so-called new hall. It is used for fatigue tests.
Figure 4: New Hall
Department of Physics of Materials (see DPM on the plan on Fig.1)
DPM has got its rooms at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Katowicka street (see Fig.5). The department has got 7 rooms (area 122.23 m2, cubature 423.84 m3), including one laboratory (area 25.77 m2, cubature 69.59 m3).
Figure 5: Faculty of Civil Engineering
In April, 2001 a new building with laboratories, belonging to the Faculty of Civil Engineering, was finished. The building and its plan is shown in the figures below (Fig. 6). The total area of this building is 808 m2 (cubature 4300 m3) including:
the laboratory - 256.23 m2 ,
the store – 330 m2 ,
the computer laboratory – 21.12 m2,
the climatic workroom – 21.45 m2,
rooms of the staff – 36.29 m2.
Figure 6: New laboratories of the Faculty of Civil Engineering
Department of Building Materials Engineering (see DBME on the plan on Fig.1)
This department has got its rooms at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Ozimska Street (see Fig. 7). The department has got 17 rooms (area 465.2 m2, cubature 1473.3 m3), including 10 laboratories (area 354.2 m2, cubature 1084.8 m3)
Figure 7: Houses in Ozimska street